Friday, September 29, 2017

Fall 2017 Introduction

Hello and welcome to my Arts Bridge blog!


My name is Casey Greenwood. I am 21 years young and am currently a Theatre Education major at Brigham Young University! I am obsessed with Disney and am currently the Secretary/Social Media Representative for BYU's Disney Club. I did the Disney College Program in Florida twice, where I had the INCREDIBLE opportunity of working at the Walt Disney World Resort as both a Character Attendant and Performer! My voice is my most prized possession, and there is nothing in the world that makes me happier than singing. I also love to play the violin and began playing when I was 11. I recently returned home from serving as a Young Performing Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Nauvoo, Illinois, and got to share my testimony of and passion for the gospel through singing, dancing, acting, and fiddling all summer long! I plan to serve an 18-month proselyting mission for the church and will hopefully be leaving next semester!

I am fascinated with the world and its people. I LOVE to learn about cultures and study foreign languages. My obsession for all things Japan started when I was ten years old when my family hosted our first Japanese exchange student. We continued to host Japanese exchange students almost every year until I was almost 17 years old. I have been studying Japanese and Korean at BYU and hope to learn more languages and make more friends from around the world in the future! I am passionate about connecting with people and believe that theatre is one of the best ways to do just that. I wish for everyone to have the opportunity to develop confidence, quick-thinking abilities and social skills, and learn about themselves and others the way that theatre has helped me do all of those things and more!!

One of my favorite subjects in elementary school was SCIENCE (before I wanted to be an actress, I wanted to be a marine biologist!), and I am THRILLED to have the opportunity to integrate drama and science in our first and second units as I teach Mrs. Bruce's 4th grade class this semester! In our third unit, we will be integrating Social Studies!

I can't wait to see what adventures this semester will have in store, and I look forward to the growth that I will experience as I teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment